Friday 4 November 2011

The Curiosity project

Saw this website http://thecuriositybox.blogspot.com and had to sign up!

Quote from the webiste: 'The Curiosity Project is the brain child of wedding planner & stylist Tiffany Grant-Riley, who felt that with all the fabulous social media available at our finger tips enabling people across the world to communicate like never before there was still something missing.
The Curiosity Project is, simply put, a mass exchange of personally chosen gifts between anonymous participants. I give, you receive. You give, I receive...'


I love this idea- we all communicate now-a-days via e-mail/facebook/twitter etc and everyone loves receiving post- I even get exicted when my parcel from Amazon or ASOS comes through even though I know what I've ordered! So I think this idea is great! Imagine receiving an unknown box full of goodies from a like minded individual?
Have a look at all the previous boxes sent- they all contain amazing creative things, it's hard to choose my favourite!- but I think my fave has to be the Morroccan box as I love Marrakesh- my boyfriend took me there for my first birthday that we celebrated together.

I've already signed up and have a few thoughts as to what I want to include in the box I'm going to send out, so watch this space for photos of a Curiosity box (in hopefully my new flat!!!- all a bit hush hush at the moment- don't want to jinx it as we all know what happened last time!)

I'd encourage people to sign up and spread the curiosity box loving around the world! There are a few rules:



The Rules


❒ Once you've entered your name will be put into a hat and each participant will be drawn a secret recipient to send their Curiosity Box to.

❒ Once you've entered your address it cannot be changed, so make sure your parcel is being delivered somewhere safe where it will be received.

❒ The name of the recipient will remain secret (unless you are posting abroad) but the address will be emailed to you the day before the project starts (see 'To Enter' below).

❒ You will be told if your recipient is male or female.

❒ The maximum budget is £20 but you don't have to spend the exact amount.

❒ Each participant must use a box to fill. The size of the box doesn't matter, although be aware of postage weight etc.

❒ Make sure you address the box to 'The Curiosity Project' so as the recipient knows what it is when it arrives.

❒ You may include sweets or cosmetics providing you have checked what is allowed entry into your destination country via custom control and they are properly sealed.

❒ Your personal details will be forwarded only once to your secret project partner. Your information is not shared with any third parties.

❒ Please email your photos of your box and your reaction as soon as you receive it-we have hundreds of boxes to blog!

To Enter

❒ Participants may enter from anywhere in the world, just ensure you have a permanent address.

❒ Entry closes at midnight on Nov 7th 2011.

❒ You'll receive your partner's address by Nov 14th 2011.

❒ You must have mailed your box by the 14th of December 2011.

❒ The project will close on Jan 10th 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google search

Blog Archive