Saturday 16 July 2011

Fish nibblings

When the bf and I went to Dubai earlier this year, we saw 'Fisho' the fish spa at the Wild wadi water park . It looked really weird and although I'd heard about it before, I'd never known or seen anyone who has had the experience.

So, a deal came up on groupon (if you've not heard about this site, you have to get on it!) giving 30 mins of a 'fish spa' for £9 instead of the regular £30. BARGAIN!!! :) So I bought it as a treat earlier last month for when we were to move into our new flat because I thought that we would be on our feet a lot and so this would be nice to relax after all the moving. Little did I know that was not to be... oh well... so we went along last weekend.
The boyf's hairy feet ( I call them hobbit feet)

 My prettier feet
Me enjoying the sensation, wearing leopard print shirt from Zara, necklace was bought in a market in Vietnam and trousers are from Berskha

The boyf looking like he's about to burst out laughing! His top is from Uniqlo and trousers are from Urban outfitters.

The initial sensation was quite bizarre- it felt so ticklish, I just kept on giggling! the little Garra Rufa fish (or doctor fish as they are sometimes called) don't actually have teeth (the boyf had images of mini piranha's nibbling at his feet) they suck the dead skin off your feet. The sensation takes a bit of getting used to but it does become pleasant and afterwards we both did feel like our feet were softer, especially in places like the heel.

This is very popular in Asia but at least 14 states in the US have banned it due to safety reasons. So, if you do book a fish spa, please ensure that you go to a respectable establishment! I would definitely go again and maybe have a pedi afterwards :)

1 comment:

  1. Fish nibblings really effective for our foot masaj great post with full of right information keep it up

    ReplyDelete

google search

Blog Archive