Friday 15 July 2011

Soft little felt balls

That's what I think of when I think of apricots... slightly fuzzy on the outside with a sweet fresh taste.

Looking around the blogosphere, a lot of foodie blogs I read have been cooking with apricots, as they are in season, so I thought that I would give it a go.

Yummy looking Gluten and dairy free apricot and pistachio clafoutis made by Canelle et Vanille
Apricots & Honey Panna Cotta from the lovely Tartelette



Apricot Lemon Hazelnut Bars by the ever sweet Dessert first girl
 
I though I'd taken a pic of the tart I made, but checking back on my camera I forgot!! Doh!!!

Oh well.... here is the recipe I used to make my tart, how do you like your apricots?
 

Recipe taken from bbcgoodfood
 
Ingredients
 
¾ tub mascarpone (or the whole tub if you have a very big case) , sweetened with 2 tbsp icing sugar


1 ready-made pastry case, baked blind

10 apricots , as ripe as possible, halved and stoned (if your apricots aren't soft, poach them first)

2 tbsp apricot jam , a really good one, mixed with 1-2 tbsp Amaretto (optional)

My changes:

I made my own shortcrust pastry using this delicious recipe.
Instead of apricot jam and amaretto, I used 2 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of whiskey

Instructions

1.Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Spread the mascarpone into the pastry case. Push the apricot halves into the case, cut-side down. Brush the apricots with the jam mixture and drizzle over any extra.

2.Bake for 30 minutes or until the apricots are soft. Cool before cutting as the filling will be runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google search

Blog Archive