Friday 27 May 2011

Long time no see...


I've been on a blogger holiday for a while now. Not had many excuses apart from age old laziness! There always seems to be other things to be
getting on with, places to go, people to see etc. but the bf persuaded me to give it another go and to try and blog more regularly.

So if this is going to be a fresh start, I thought that I'd change the 'raison d'etre' of the b
log, so rather than making and talking just about fashion, I would blog about anything interesting and noteworthy.

My last post was about knitting so I thought that I'd carry that on and tell you about other projects that I've completed recently:

Teal kimono sleeve cropped cardi. Very easy to make and my first attempt at picking up stitches. Buttons are needed and I saw these cute 'Toile Buttons' from the V&A shop that I vowed to buy a while a go, but just needed a nice enough garment to put them on!

My first foray into knitting with two colours- fair isle knitting- I made 6 of these little sample
squares, sewed them together and stuffed them with 'toy stuffing' you can get from any craft store.










I'm thinking of making a load more for Christmas and have my Christmas tree decorated with various different knitted baubles, what do you guys think?

From making those 'practise squares' I attempted my first fair isle garment- a Christmas Jumper for the bf. I think it turned out pretty well...
It was actually adpated from a Rowan pattern for a woman's jumper! (shh... don't tell him!) and I ambitiously adapted it.


Lastly, I've had this project on my mind for a while now and due to having a spare ball of wool left over from my bro's jumper, I thought that I would amalgamate my love of knitting with my love of making jewellery. It's made using a Chinese good luck knot:








No comments:

Post a Comment

google search

Blog Archive