Tuesday 28 June 2011

setting up home....

As we’re sooooooooooo close to exchanging on our first flat together, I thought that I’d post about things that I’m coveting for it! I wasn’t a bit interested in interior design (even though now I do work for a retailer that predominantly sells furniture and homewares) until I started looking at buying my own property. Then I scoured the web for ideas, blogs and images that I could store and use to decorate my flat to be.
I came across a whole plethora of blogs and images, which has helped me in establishing a few ideas, but has also left me with too many design ideas that just won’t all fit in my plans! Oh well... I’ll just have to stick to one and go with it!
In the meanwhile, until we get the keys, here are a few things I’m coveting:


Detailed View
These candlesticks and the plant pot are etsy finds, the ‘hive vases’ are from an American company called ‘west elm’ and they all remind me of when we went to the science museum and had a peek at the mathematics and geometry exhibit...

I also love the marriage of lace and ceramic pieces on a softer, girlier note!




And cake stands... I’ve been baking like mad recently, every week I’ve found an excuse to make cakes, and I’ll blog about them soon, but they would look amazing on these stands that I’ve found:
Unfortunately, the bf says he’s getting a bit of a ‘podge’ (ie his belly is starting to expand!) so I should stop baking sweet things for the time being... :(

Pink American Milk Glass Cake Stands
Cake Stands from above

And just pretty things:


On a more practical note, here are a few things we need....
A great curved reading lamp, I’ve seen so many different versions of these around at ridiculous prices, but this one from M&S only costs £85, bargain!
A lovely simple casserole pot, I can imagine making nice hot steaming hearty stews and bringing this to the table straight from the oven:




Finally, a nice big comfy sofa to slump on after a long day's work...


No comments:

Post a Comment

google search

Blog Archive